Improve Your Catering Management Skills!
This course is eligible for the Erasmus+ Funding Programme
Catering Management covers a range of activities: running day-to-day operations and services in restaurants, hotels and resorts, monitoring the quality of food and service, hiring and training staff, working with chefs to create menus and dealing with customer issues.
Students and teachers from the catering, hospitality, cooking and baking sector.
This training course designed specially for catering students and teachers offers broad theoretical background and hands-on activities, such as job-shadowing, to help you improve your knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs
- Ordering supplies
- Hiring, training, supervising and motivating permanent and casual staff
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided
- Keeping to budgets and maintaining financial and administrative records
The training course will consist of the following activities:
- Professional seminars will be conducted by recognized experts in the field. The emphasis will be put on the theoretical background of catering methods
- Attendees will visit top restaurants and hotels in the city for job-shadowing
- A number of workshops will take place focusing on various aspects of catering and Sicilian practices and experiences in the field
- Non-formal learning activities will be taking place all the time: during discussions among the participants and recognized experts in the field, through observation of the new professional catering staff environoment and during informal coffee breaks, lunches, dinners
The training week will start with a presentation about the Italian culture, BrainUp Lab program and the region of Sicily. On the following day, participants will learn about the food and catering industry in Sicily, also, a workshop will be held focusing on the Sicilian cuisine. On the upcoming days, a seminar will be held on business aspects of catering, participants will have an opportunity to visit first-class hotels and restaurants to get some hands-on experience.
After the training, attendees are expected to better understand the specifics and challenges of the industry and become able to independently perform day-to-day activities observed during the job-shadowing sessions, as well as use critical thinking and skills gained during the workshops in order to solve difficulties and problems faced on daily basis.
Another important part of receiving a training course in Sicily is the knowledge shared by local chefs.
Future and present catering experts will be able to enrich their restaurant menus with exquisite Sicilian dishes. This training will also expand participants’ career opportunities, as they will bring home new experience from abroad which will make them more prospective employees not only at their home country but also internationally.
From the 13th to the 19th May 2018
From the 9th to the 15th September 2018
From the 13th to the 19th May 2019
From the 9th to the 15th September 2019