School Quality Assurance
From 16th to 22th of April 2015, “School Quality Assurance” project was implemented. EProjectConsult hosted eight (8) teaching staff in the framework of the Erasmus+, Mobility project for VET learners and staff in cooperation with 1st EPAL of Stavroupolis, Thessaloniki, Greece. The subject of the training programme for participants was how to apply quality assurance in school units, including evaluation and self-evaluation of teaching staff. In order to meet the needs of the project, the programme was containing study visits in three local schools in order to meet the representatives and the teaching staff of the school for discussing on the topic, to exchange methodologies and to identify possible solutions. Moreover, the programme was containing one workshop concerning the education system in Italy and how it is ensured the quality assurance in school units.
The training programme was implemented in Milazzo town and the nearby town of Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto.
Skills and professional competences acquired:
- Improve the skills and competencies of participants in the teaching sector;
- Improve the quality of, and access to, continuing training and the lifelong acquisition of skills and competencies with a view to developing adaptability;
- Acquisition of knowledge and experiences, exchange of ideas, and knowhow for good practices in teaching approaches, supporting structures for students and co-operation with local enterprises and businesses;
- Promote and reinforce the contribution of training in the process of innovation related to teaching methodologies;
- Identify the characteristics of effective participatory in evaluation and self-evaluation process, in order to ensure quality in school units;
- Selection of appropriate techniques for a participatory process.
- Linguistic and cultural knowledge about Italy;
- Promotion of European values about mobility, cultural exchange and cooperation between different countries.
In conclusion, participants had the opportunity to explore new horizons by fully integrating in Sicilian culture and meeting many new friendsfrom Italy and from the other parts of world, as well as to build partnerships with local schools. However, more importantly, participants gained professional experience in their sector that will help them to become more efficient in their job.
After the project was finished, participants received a “A Rocca mobility certificate”. Employees of the “A Rocca” Association and people involved in this project hope that it was a rich and useful experience for everybody.